Benefits of membership
Membership of the Society brings many benefits, not least the opportunity to meet and develop relationships with like-minded colleagues interested in the rewards of Balint work.
Other benefits include:
- Timely notification of all Society meetings, conferences and events
- Discounted registration fees for Society run events
- Help in joining, starting or running Balint groups
- Access to the Leadership training pathway and eventual accreditation
- Advertising groups you are running on the Balint Society's website
- The right to vote at the Annual General Meeting
- Automatic membership of the International Balint Federation, to which the UK Society is affiliated
- The opportunity to enter the annual Essay Competition, prize £500
There are three categories of membership detailed below, and the formal sign-up process can be found by following the Apply to join link in the panel opposite.
There are presently three categories of membership of the Society:
Application for Ordinary membership will be considered from any person currently working in a therapeutic relationship with patients or clients.The current Ordinary member fee is £70.00/€80.00 per annum. If you are resident in the UK, setting up your direct debit will only take you a few minutes and the process is totally secure. As with all direct debits, you can cancel the arrangement at any time.
If you wish to set up a Euro direct debit from the Republic of Ireland or any other EU country please contact our Administrator in the first instance.
If paying our membership fee would cause financial hardship please contact the Treasurer to discuss your circumstances.
Our Administrator and Treasurer can be contacted via the Contact Us menu at the top of the page.
Applications from students undertaking their initial training in any branch of health, social care or teaching are especially welcome. The current Student membership fee is £5.00 per annum. Student membership fees are paid by credit/debit card and are processed by PayPal. You do not need to have a PayPal account to pay by credit/debit card.
Please note that this category of membership does not apply to those doing postgraduate or higher professional training who should apply for Ordinary membership (if you are unsure if you qualify for student membership, please contact our Administrator - details under the Contact Us menu at the top of the page).
From time to time the Balint Society Council nominates people considered to be of outstanding merit for Honorary Membership. Nominations are proposed to members for voting at the Annual General Meeting.